Kentucky Hospital Workers Reach Settlement After 15-Year Struggle
USW District 8 Director Billy Thompson said the KRMC union members deserve credit for standing together.
"These brave workers proved that solidarity, brotherhood and sisterhood still mean something," Thompson said.
Randy Pidcock, who served as the USW's chief negotiator and who worked on the KRMC organizing campaign since 1998, said the KRMC workers never gave up despite years of uncertainty.
"It's been 15 years, but our work is just beginning," Pidcock said. "Now, we must move forward, continue to stand up and build on what we've accomplished."The USW represents about 850,000 workers in the U.S., Canada and the Caribbean in a variety of industries, from glassmaking to mining, paper, steel, tire and rubber to the public sector, service and health care industries. CONTACT: Randy Pidcock, 502-875-3332, firstname.lastname@example.org SOURCE United Steelworkers (USW)
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV