Pennsylvania DEP Reminds Consumers About New Electronics Recycling Law
Consumers can also continue to recycle their electronics through a county or municipal electronic recycling program, if one is available. It is recommended that before taking any electronics to collection points or drop-off locations, consumers should first contact that location to see what types of electronics they accept.
Consumers can learn more about the new electronics recycling law and other important information on recycling in general at the 2013 Recycling Industries Congress on Tuesday, Jan. 22, from 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m. in the East Wing Rotunda of the State Capitol Building in Harrisburg, Dauphin County.
This event, which is open to the public and media, will feature exhibits from 30 recyclers and producers of recycled products to showcase how the recycling industry plays a major role in Pennsylvania.
Secretary Krancer will speak about recycling in Pennsylvania at the news conference from 1 to 1:30 p.m. and will be available for questions after that. The event is sponsored by the Pennsylvania Waste Industries Assoc. and the Pennsylvania Recycling Markets Center.Consumers can find more information on registered manufacturers and where to recycle their covered devices at www.dep.state.pa.us, keyword: Electronics Recycling. Additional recycling information is available from county recycling coordinators, whose contact information can be found on DEP's website, keyword: recycle, or through the Recycling Hotline at 1-800-346-4242. Media contact: Lisa Kasianowitz, 717-787-1323 SOURCE Pennsylvania Department of Environmental Protection
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV