ASA Gold and Precious Metals Limited (NYSE:ASA) today reported that total return for the fiscal year ended November 30, 2012, based on ASA’s net asset value (NAV), was a negative 24.2%, including the reinvestment of dividends. The NAV of the Company was $24.18 per share at the fiscal year-end, versus $32.46 per share a year earlier.
For the fiscal year ended November 30, 2012, the total return based on ASA’s share price was a negative 22.4%. The return from the FTSE Gold Mines Total Return Index during the same period was a negative 23.9%.
The closing price of ASA’s shares on the New York Stock Exchange (NYSE) on November 30, 2012 was $22.00, representing a share price discount to NAV of 9.0%. The share price of closed-end funds, like ASA, is determined by trading activity in the open market and consequently may reflect a premium to (higher than) or discount to (lower than) its underlying NAV.
|Amount||Per Share||Amount||Per Share|
|Net investment income (loss)||$||1,721,535||$||0.09||$||2,038,636||$||0.11|
|Ending shares outstanding||19,289,905||19,289,905|
|Weighted average shares outstanding||19,289,905||19,402,476|
Established in 1958, ASA Gold and Precious Metals Limited is a closed-end fund (NYSE: ASA) that invests in the securities of mining companies engaged in the exploration, mining or processing of gold, silver, platinum, diamonds or other precious minerals. The Company maintains a wholly-owned investment adviser that designs and manages precious metals investment portfolios for foundations, endowments and other institutional investors.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV