Congressman Fattah Will Keynote 100th Anniversary Celebration For Alpha Phi Alpha Chapter In Pittsburgh
PHILADELPHIA, Jan. 18, 2013 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- Congressman Chaka Fattah (D-PA-02), a brother of Alpha Phi Alpha Fraternity Inc., will deliver the keynote address tomorrow for the 100 th anniversary celebration of Alpha's Omicron Chapter at the University of Pittsburgh.
Fattah, a 10 th term Congressman from Philadelphia, will address the black-tie Centennial Dinner and Ball at Connolly Ballroom in Pitt's Alumni Hall, 4227 Fifth Avenue, Pittsburgh, on Saturday January 19 at 8 p.m. Also featured with be Alpha's General President Brother Mark S. Tillman and Pitt Chancellor Mark A. Nordenberg.
Omicron Chapter was founded at Pitt on January 30, 1913, by seven of the University's 25 African American male students. Alpha Phi Alpha Fraternity Inc., the nation's first African American Intercollegiate Greek-lettered fraternity, was founded in 1906 at Cornell University.
" Alpha Phi Alpha is important not just because it is the first and the oldest. And Omicron Chapter is important not just because it is the first chapter in Western Pennsylvania," Fattah said. "From its founding, Alpha has been at the forefront of efforts to encourage and assist young African-American men to go to college, stay in college, graduate and take on leadership roles in our nation."Nationally, Alpha has established over 700 campus and alumni chapters. More than 200,000 men have joined Alpha, including nine current members of Congress and the Rev. Dr. Martin Luther King Jr., whose birthday celebration coincides with the Centennial Weekend at Pitt. SOURCE Office of Congressman Chaka Fattah
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV