NEW YORK (
Lindsey Bell: We're in the midst of bank earnings season.
And stock was up more than 100% last year.Lindsey Bell: Yes. Jim Cramer: Best performance in the Dow, so expectations were clearly high. I'm a fantasy football fanatic and there's a guy by the name of BenJarvus Green-Ellis. He's a running back for the Bengals. He's also known as The Law Firm, and it looks like if you look at the third line of Bank of America, they're talking about legal expenses. Here's my thesis. It's time to scale back on what I regard as a very crowded money center trade. We can talk about Citigroup (C) being the same way. JPMorgan (JPM), they've been the darlings, OK? And then invest heavily in the regional banks. They are putting up numbers that tell me to stop looking at this net interest margin, start talking about growth stocks. I mean, when you have a growth stock, yes, net interest margins are really important, but so are sales. I mean, net interest margin in a bank, that's a fulcrum thing. That's a metric, but sales matter. Expansion down the road matters. Construction loans matter. The idea that a city's business might be turning or a state, that matters. And that's what's happening, whether it's because of the unemployment numbers we got or because we're through the fiscal cliff, or maybe it's that the debt ceiling won't be that big of an issue. The regionals are where it's at. We have been buying KeyCorp (KEY) for ActionAlertsPlus.com. I would tell you right now, I said this to Stephanie Link this morning, my co-portfolio manager, Key may be the most undervalued stock that we own in the portfolio. There is going to be a switch out of the money centers. We did trim back Wells Fargo (WFC) ourselves.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV