Conservation Partners Announce Steps To Improve Fish Habitat In Northern California
SANTA ROSA, Calif., Jan. 18, 2013 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- Wine grape growers and other agricultural operators along California's northern coast have long been committed to improving fish habitat while running sustainable agriculture operations. The USDA Natural Resources Conservation Service (NRCS) and local partners today announced $2 million in financial assistance to help these landowners take additional steps to boost local salmonid and other aquatic-species populations.
"This has long been a priority for us at NRCS," said James Gore, assistant chief. "I know how important it is for local landowners and other stakeholders to support these fish and restore them back to record numbers. The steps we are taking today will go a long way to accomplishing this."
A number of partners met today for the announcement and to tour a sample restoration site in Camp Meeker, Calif. An old fish barrier dam had been removed, a new pedestrian bridge was constructed, and rock wiers for fish migration were installed along with other stream and habitat restoration efforts. These types of practices and more will be available to landowners through this new financial investment.
The funding will be divided amongst five Northern California watersheds located in Humboldt, Mendocino and Sonoma counties.
- Lower Eel
- South Fork Eel
- Big- Navarro-Garcia
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV