Alaska Unemployment Declines To End 2012
JUNEAU, Alaska (AP) â¿¿ Alaska's unemployment rate dropped slightly to a preliminary 6.6 percent, the lowest level since October 2008.
The state labor department says October 2008 also was the last time the national unemployment rate was lower than Alaska.
The national unemployment rate last month was 7.8 percent.
Alaska's seasonally adjusted unemployment rate stood at 6.7 percent in November. It was 7.4 percent in December 2011.Alaska began 2012 with a 7.2 percent unemployment rate that peaked at 7.7 percent in August before steadily declining the rest of the year.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV