Another stock that's trending very close to breaking out above some key resistance levels is LCA-Vision (LCAV), a provider of fixed-site laser vision correction services at its LasikPlus vision centers. This stock has moved down a bit during the last six months, with shares off by 12%.
If you look at the chart for LCA-Vision, you'll notice that this stock is bouncing strongly today right off some near-term support at $3 a share with above-average volume. Volume so far this morning has already registered 222,275 shares, which is well above its three-month average volume of 67,534 shares. This move is also starting to push shares of LCAV back above its 50-day moving average at $3.19 a share and its moving it within range of triggering a near-term breakout trade.
Market players should now look for long-biased trades in LCAV if it manages to break out above its 50-day of $3.19 a share and then above some near-term overhead resistance at $3.41 a share with high volume. Look for a sustained move or close above those levels with volume that hits near or above its three-month average action of 67,534 shares. If that breakout triggers soon, then LCAV will set up to re-test or possibly take out its next major overhead resistance levels at $4.10 to its 200-day moving average at $4.37 a share. Any move above $4.37 to $4.60 would then out $5.50 to $6.19 into focus for shares of LCAV.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV