Davis said Crosstex has transformed its business over the past few years. He said the company now derives 90% of its revenue from fee-based services, up from just 70% a few years ago. Davis said Crosstex is also diversifying into new geographies and has lowered its exposure to natural gas from 90% to just 50%. Fee-based services, he explained, are far less volatile, which makes Crosstex a more consistent earner.
Davis said he is very confident in America's oil and natural gas business, which is why he's investing over $1 billion in new infrastructure. He sees strong industrial growth in America, especially over the next two to three years.
Cramer said that he's a big fan of this 8.5% yielder, and that as Crosstex grows there's no reason why its dividend shouldn't grow along with it.
No Huddle Offense
In his "No Huddle Offense" segment, Cramer reminded viewers that hope should never be part of the investing equation.He said that while companies like Schlumberger (SLB) and General Electric (GE) both sounded more confident on their conference calls, and Morgan Stanley (MS) went from having no hope to lots of hope on its call, he's still looking for more facts and data to support these new, higher stock prices. To sign up for Jim Cramer's free Booyah! newsletter with all of his latest articles and videos please click here. To watch replays of Cramer's video segments, visit the Mad Money page on CNBC. -- Written by Scott Rutt in Washington, D.C. To email Scott about this article, click here: Scott Rutt Follow Scott on Twitter @ScottRutt or get updates on Facebook, ScottRuttDC
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV