HARTSVILLE, S.C., Jan. 18, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Sonoco (NYSE: SON) today announced that it will raise the price for all paperboard tubes and cores by 4 percent, effective with shipments in the United States and Canada beginning Feb. 18, 2013.
"This price increase is necessary to recover recently announced paperboard price increases and other inflationary inputs impacting our converting cost," said James Harrell, vice president, Tubes and Cores-North America.
Sonoco is the largest producer of paper-based tubes and cores in North America which are used to serve the paper, textiles, plastic films and tape and specialty industries. For more information about Sonoco's complete line of paperboard tubes and cores or to learn more about current pricing, please visit the Company's website or contact the Company at +800-377-2692.About SonocoFounded in 1899, Sonoco is a global provider of a variety of consumer packaging, industrial products, protective packaging and packaging supply chain services. With annualized net sales of approximately $4.5 billion, the Company has 19,600 employees working in more than 340 facilities in 34 countries, serving some of the world's best known brands in some 85 nations. Sonoco is a proud member of the 2012/2013 Dow Jones Sustainability World Index. For more information on the Company, visit our website at www.sonoco.com. SOURCE Sonoco
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV