Debra Borchardt: You recently made a purchase on the luxury side of the business Vilebrequin. Are you seeing that as a more stable clientele, the luxury clientele?
Morris Goldfarb: It's not as stable as one might think. It's stable seasonality. The price point of the swimwear at Vilebrequin is quite high. Retails are anywhere from $200 to $700 dollars. So, to say that it's stable and anybody can do it is really not true.
The international market is a fan of the brand. Today the Brazilian market is very actively buying it the Russian market...where there is affluence there is demand for the brand.
Debra Borchardt: What is your outlook for 2013? Are you feeling optimistic? Are you concerned?Morris Goldfarb: We're optimistic. We have many different areas of business. We have areas of business that support the needs of Wal-Mart (WMT)and we have areas that go to Bergdorf Goodman. We believe that they are all important areas. We believe that this will be a good year for us and not necessarily a good year for the fashion industry or for consumer products. We are a strong company that's able to produce the right product at right price and correct the path very quickly. We operate as a small company and we're not classified as a small company. That is an advantage. --Written by Debra Borchardt in New York.
>To contact the writer of this article, click here: Debra Borchardt. Follow @WallandBroad
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV