Nevada Jobless Rate Down To 10.2 Percent In Dec.
LAS VEGAS (AP) â¿¿ Nevada's unemployment has dropped to 10.2 percent in December, which is the lowest it's been since February 2009.
Officials with the state Department of Employment, Rehabilitation and Training say the number is down from 10.8 percent in November.
Gov. Brian Sandoval says he was pleased to end the year on a good note after four months of a declining jobless rate. But he said in a statement that there's still much room for improvement.
Employment rates were down year-over-year in Nevada's three major population centers. Carson City's unemployment rate was 10.1 percent in December, down from 12.8 percent a year earlier.Las Vegas' rate was 10 percent, down from 13.3 percent last year. And the Reno-Sparks area had a 9.6 percent jobless rate in December, down from 12.4 percent.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV