Millennials Ask Obama To Think Of Young Adults As Inauguration Looms
Generation Opportunity: Millennials look to Washington, President Obama for results after four years of economic devastation
WASHINGTON , Jan. 18, 2013 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- President Barack Obama will soon take the oath of office for the second time at the 57th Presidential Inauguration . As Mr. Obama puts the final touches on his Inaugural Address and prepares to lay out a vision for the next four years, Generation Opportunity – the nation's leading organization advocating for 18-29 year olds – is reminding both the President and America's elected leaders that the concerns of young people are central to both the current and future health and prosperity of the nation.
- Only 29% of 18-29 year olds say that the economic policies coming out of Washington are helping them.
- 76% of 18-29 year olds believe that the lack of job opportunities is shrinking the American middle class.
- 55% are not confident that America will still be a global leader in five years if the USA continues along the same path as the last few years.
- Only 36% of Millennials agree with the statement "generally speaking, things in the United States are heading in the right direction.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV