CHICAGO, Jan. 18, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- United Airlines today announced the opening of the airline's new employee health clinic at O'Hare International Airport. The clinic, managed by Walgreens, will serve a broad scope of employees' health needs, such as urgent care for routine illness, travel and other immunizations including flu shots, prepackaged medications, job-related physical training and pre-employment physicals, at no cost to employees. The convenient access to these and other health care services is available to all United employees, including the more than 10,000 co-workers in the Chicago area.
United's Chairman, President and CEO Jeff Smisek joined Walgreens President and CEO Greg Wasson for the clinic's ribbon cutting ceremony this morning.
"We're continuing to make significant investments in United, including investments in our co-workers," said Smisek. "This clinic will offer convenient health services at no charge to keep our co-workers feeling and performing well."
The 5,200-square-foot facility, located in the airport's Terminal 2 arrivals area, is the only one of its kind for any airline at O'Hare. United also offers health care clinics for its employees at its Cleveland, Houston, Guam and Newark/New York hubs."More employers are recognizing the benefits of worksite health centers and wellness programs to improve the overall health, satisfaction and productivity of their employees, while also reducing costs," said Walgreens President and CEO Greg Wasson. "This project brings together two companies with deep Chicago roots to make health and wellness a top priority." This marks the fifth workplace health clinic for United, all managed by Walgreens. United's O'Hare facility adds to the more than 370 employer-based worksite health and wellness centers managed and operated by Walgreens Employer Solutions Group.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV