- The Company secured new long-term institutional shareholders who currently hold equity positions in Mandalay Digital Common Stock of 5% or greater. Mandalay Digital management, Board members, 5% (or greater) stockholders and other insiders continue to invest in the company. These investors have invested more than $25 million in the Company during approximately the past 5 years.
- The Company completed the acquisition of Digital Turbine Group, LLC, the developer of Mandalay Digital's core technology platform that allows media companies, mobile carriers, and their OEM handset partners to take advantage of multiple mobile operating systems across multiple networks, while maintaining their own branding and personalized, one-to-one relationships with each end-user.
- In September 2012, Mandalay Digital completed its acquisition of the global mobile assets of Logia Group, a leading mobile content development and management solutions provider. Logia's solutions are deployed in top-tier mobile operators and content providers worldwide and include white label app & media stores, in-app payment solutions, app-based value added services, device application management solutions, and mobile social music and TV offerings. Logia has close relationships with over 500 app developers and content vendors as well as pre-existing agreements with unique mobile platforms and service providers. Logia operates in more than 20 countries, providing services including in-app billing to more than 50 leading mobile carriers including Vodafone, Verizon, Telefonica, Turkcell, Deutsche Telekom among others reaching over 1.5 billion mobile subscribers. In addition, Logia has existing partnerships with industry leaders including Amdocs, Ericsson, and Alcatel-Lucent, among others.
- The Company entered into an exclusivity agreement to explore the acquisition of mia, a leading mobile solutions provider based in Australia. mia is focused on delivering content and has extensive content licenses with major brands, a proprietary content management system, and billing integration with leading global operators such as Vodafone, SingTel, and Telstra among others.
- The Company announced partnerships with major carriers around the globe. Mandalay Digital partnered with Telefonica Digital and Cellcom Israel to deploy its Digital Turbine Ignite mobile application management solution. The Company also partnered with Indonesia-based AXIS for its Digital Turbine IQ user experience and multimedia management interface.
- The Company announced it will work with Intel Capital, Intel Corporation's global investment organization, on strategic opportunities. As part of the collaboration, Mandalay Digital signed a definitive agreement to acquire the music label assets of mobile entertainment studio skyrockit, an Intel Capital portfolio company. Intel Capital became a shareholder of Mandalay Digital as part of the agreement.
- Throughout 2012, Mandalay Digital expanded its management team in several areas and its Board of Directors. In January 2012, upon completion of the acquisition of Digital Turbine LLC, Peter Adderton was named Chief Executive Officer and elected to the Board of Directors. In May 2012, Chris Rogers, Co-Founder of Nextel Communications, Inc. (now Sprint Nextel Corporation) and several of its predecessor companies, joined the Mandalay Digital Board of Directors, and John Bendheim, President of Bendheim Enterprises, a real estate investment holding company, joined the Mandalay Digital Group Advisory Board. In September 2012, the Company added mobile industry veteran Bill Stone as CEO of Digital Turbine, LLC.
Mandalay Digital Well Positioned For Growth In 2013
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts