Unemployed In Tenn. At Lowest Point Since 2008
NASHVILLE, Tenn. (AP) â¿¿ The number of unemployed Tennesseans is at its lowest point since the economic meltdown of 2008.
The state Department of Labor and Workforce Development announced Thursday that the unemployment figure for December was 235,700. Commissioner Karla Davis said that's the lowest number since October 2008.
The state reports there are more than 2.8 million people employed in Tennessee. That's the highest employment total for the state since March 2008.
Tennessee's unemployment rate for December was 7.6 percent. That figure was unchanged from the revised rate for November and is slightly below the national rate of 7.8 percent.The state figures show that nonfarm employment increased by 6,000 jobs between November and December.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV