MILWAUKEE, Jan. 18, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- ManpowerGroup (NYSE: MAN), the world leader in innovative workforce solutions and World Economic Forum (WEF) strategic partner, will address key challenges hampering economic growth at the WEF 2013 Annual Meeting in Davos next week.
Regional leaders from ManpowerGroup will join together in Switzerland to leverage their global insight and local expertise to identify solutions to address the challenges and transformational opportunities companies face in an increasingly complex and interconnected environment:
- Europe: On-going geo-political and fiscal uncertainties, dampened demand and unprecedented unemployment levels mean Europe's industries will increasingly rely on talent to help them navigate through a time of flux. Employers in Europe are still reporting talent shortages. Talent has replaced capital as the key competitive differentiator and businesses need to be able to look beyond country borders to unleash human potential and find employees that will accelerate business success.
- Asia: Demographic decay, unprecedented skills gaps and weaker consumer demand from Europe and North America will continue to hamper Asia's growth rate. While the rise of Asia's new middle class will drive internal demand, this may encourage structural inflation and higher salary expectations. As a result, access to scalable talent in the right locations will be important to sustain economic growth.
- Americas: A continued focus on job creation is needed to stimulate lackluster consumer demand. Investment in talent will nurture innovation, drive employee engagement and improve business performance. Businesses need to be flexible in their resourcing strategy to respond swiftly to changing opportunities. A focus on developing leadership and management skills will build the flexible workforce needed and allow organizations to succeed.
"Despite persistent levels of high unemployment globally, ManpowerGroup's 2012 Talent Shortage Survey reveals that one in three businesses (34 percent) continue to struggle to find the right staff. As the world's skills mismatch causes major pressures for businesses, it will continue to be a significant pressure point in the year ahead," said Jonas Prising, President, ManpowerGroup. "Agility and the ability to tap the right talent, which can navigate unpredictable challenges, will increasingly define business success and enable economic growth in the Human Age."About ManpowerGroup
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV