Pain Specialists See 20 Percent More Patients In Wake Of Hurricane Sandy
NEW YORK, Jan. 18, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Dr. Luis M. Fandos, MD, co-founder of New York Pain Consultants (NYPC), a full-service pain management center with three locations on Long Island, stated that they have seen a 20 percent increase in patients per week since Hurricane Sandy hit. In the six weeks following the storm, New York Pain Consultants has seen a surge of returning patients that have not been treated for pain in several years.
The physicians at New York Pain Consultants are seeing an average of 1,000 patients per week, up from approximately 800 per week prior to the storm. "The sudden return of dormant pain is a direct result of the aftermath of the hurricane. Long Island was among the most storm ravaged areas, leaving residents to deal with flooded houses and downed trees," stated Dr. Fandos, MD, an anesthesiologist and interventional pain physician. Dr. Fandos and his colleagues do a full evaluation of new and returning patients and strive to use a non-narcotic treatment method including acupuncture, injections and physical therapy to treat patients.
Dr. Fandos continued, "In the wake of Hurricane Sandy, our practice is seeing 50-70 returning patients a day who had previous success with our pain management treatment. Rigorous storm clean-up, home displacement and a disruption of daily life has caused disabling pain to flare up. We believe our multi-disciplined approach and early intervention will lead to the best outcome for patients so they can reduce or remove pain from their lives."
Living with discomfort caused by re-exertion of previous injuries can make recovering from Hurricane Sandy more difficult. New York Pain Consultants specializes in alternative pain management, providing patients with an effective and positive method to getting their comfort back on track.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV