NY Jobless Rate Dropped To 8.2 Percent In December
ALBANY, N.Y. (AP) â¿¿ Officials say New York's unemployment rate dropped to 8.2 percent in December from 8.3 percent a month earlier.
The state labor department says about 34,000 private sector jobs were added during the month. That brings the 2012 total private sector gain to more than 123,000 jobs.
The unemployment rate stood at 7.8 percent upstate compared with 7.9 percent in November. It was at 8.8 percent in the New York City metro area, the same as in November.
The December unemployment rate in 2011 was 8.2 in the state. It was 9.1 percent in New York City and 7.5 percent upstate.Nationally, the unemployment rate in December of 2012 was 7.8 percent. The numbers were released Thursday.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV