Regal Entertainment Group (NYSE: RGC), a leading motion picture exhibitor owning and operating the largest theatre circuit in the United States, will celebrate National Popcorn Day with a special offer on Saturday, January 19. On this day, fans of Regal’s Facebook page will receive a coupon for $1 off a Large Popcorn valid at all Regal Cinemas, United Artists and Edwards Theatres.
“Now you have another fantastic reason to go to the movies this weekend to enjoy a great film while munching on popcorn at the movies,” stated Russ Nunley, VP of Marketing and Communications at Regal Entertainment Group. “The aroma of fresh-popped corn in the lobby is a long-standing American tradition.”
“When you think about popcorn, everyone has great memories of mom or dad buying them popcorn at the concession stand. Or your favorite memory may be sharing popcorn on a date at the movies,” stated Rob Del Moro, Chief Purchasing Officer at Regal Entertainment Group. “Regal is obviously a leader in popcorn sales. The fact that many Americans call their favorite flavor of popcorn ‘movie-style’ is a tremendous compliment.”
The Popcorn Board lists these facts about the beloved snack:
- Popcorn needs 13% to 14% moisture per kernel in order to pop.
- Popcorn is a whole grain and a member of the grass family.
- Leading popcorn-growing states include: Indiana, Nebraska, Ohio, Illinois, Iowa, Kentucky and Missouri.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV