News Corporation Stock Buy Recommendation Reiterated (NWSA)
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has significantly exceeded that of the S&P 500 and the Media industry. The net income increased by 202.6% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, rising from $738.00 million to $2,233.00 million.
- NWSA's revenue growth trails the industry average of 15.8%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly increased by 2.2%. Growth in the company's revenue appears to have helped boost the earnings per share.
- The debt-to-equity ratio is somewhat low, currently at 0.63, and is less than that of the industry average, implying that there has been a relatively successful effort in the management of debt levels. To add to this, NWSA has a quick ratio of 1.86, which demonstrates the ability of the company to cover short-term liquidity needs.
- 40.40% is the gross profit margin for NEWS CORP which we consider to be strong. It has increased from the same quarter the previous year. Along with this, the net profit margin of 27.44% significantly outperformed against the industry average.
- Net operating cash flow has significantly increased by 67.45% to $710.00 million when compared to the same quarter last year. In addition, NEWS CORP has also vastly surpassed the industry average cash flow growth rate of 6.64%.
--Written by a member of TheStreet Ratings Staff. It's Official: Action Alerts PLUS beats the S&P 500 with Dividends Reinvested! Cramer and Link were up 16.72% in 2012. Were you? See what they are trading for 14-days FREE
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts