However, there is a ray of hope. Moskowitz believes the iPad mini actually has better margins than the iPad. "The silver lining here is that our research indicates that gross margin on the iPad mini could be better than the larger iPad, which is partly why our consolidated gross margin assumptions are improving for the Dec-Q and out quarters," Moskowitz wrote in a note. He rates Apple "overweight."
Demand for the iPad and iPad mini is not shifting to other companies, it's shifting between Apple products. CEO Tim Cook has repeatedly said Apple doesn't worry about cannibalizing its own offerings. "...
Demand for the iPad isn't slowing down. If anything, it appears to be heating up, as consumers realize the benefits of the iPad mini. Now, if only Apple could keep them in stock.
-- Written by Chris Ciaccia in New York>Contact by Email. Follow @Commodity_Bull
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV