Since the financial crisis, investors have become more risk averse and are conducting stronger due diligence on investment managers. However, asset managers such as BNY Mellon are in a position to respond to clients' requirements due to their size. Larger asset management firms such as BNY Mellon are also in a better position to adapt to stricter regulatory environment.
While the financial crisis had a significant impact on the entire asset management industry, private equity business suffered the most. Following the crisis, quality deals and funding dried up. However, the slump in the private equity business may be coming to an end.
Earlier this week, reports surfaced that personal computer maker Dell Inc. is in talks with private equity firms over a possible buyout. If Dell goes ahead then the transaction would be one of the biggest leveraged buyouts in the Technology sector. It would also mark the return of mega leveraged buyout deals, which were seen before the financial crisis of 2008. Dell apparently is in talks with private equity firm Silver Lake Partners for a possible.
The Wall Street Journal (1), citing people familiar with the situation, reported that Blackstone Group [ Free Research Report on BX] (2) has also been approached by Dell's bankers to come up with a bid for the personal computer maker. However, a person familiar with the matter told WSJ that Blackstone is not contemplating a bid at the moment.Footer:
- Source: Wall Street Journal Article - Bankers Reach Out to Blackstone, Others to Test PE Interest for Dell Bids [ http://blogs.wsj.com/deals/2013/01/17/bankers-reach-out-to-blackstone-others-to-test-pe-interest-for-dell-bids/?mod=MarketsMain ]
- The Blackstone Group L.P. Technical Analysis [ http://www.StockCall.com/TheBlackstoneGroupLP011813.pdf ]
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV