The Babcock & Wilcox Company (B&W)-led team of Nuclear Production Partners, LLC (NP 2) has filed a protest against NNSA’s award of a Management & Operating contract for the Y-12 National Security Complex and the Pantex Plant.
NP 2 was notified by NNSA on January 8, 2013, that it was not awarded the contract. NP 2 filed the protest in accordance with Federal regulations at 4 C.F.R. §21. GAO must rule on the protest within 100 days of NP 2’s filing. In the interim, the incumbent B&W-led LLCs will continue to safely and securely manage the Pantex and Y-12 facilities under their current contracts.
Headquartered in Charlotte, N.C., The Babcock & Wilcox Company is a leader in clean energy technology and services, primarily for the nuclear, fossil and renewable power markets, as well as a premier advanced technology and mission critical defense contractor. B&W has locations worldwide and employs approximately 12,700 people, in addition to approximately 10,400 joint venture employees. Learn more at www.babcock.com .
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV