Advice for the president fell into a few major categories:
- Overhaul Tax System - 28% "Keep it simple" "Focus on ways to stimulate growth"
- Build Talent Pool - 18% "Make it easy to hire the best & brightest from around the world"
- Ease Regulation - 12% "US is the hardest country in the world to do business"
- Promote Investment - 11% "Make investment in growth companies easier"
- Champion Innovation - 10% "Make it very, very simple and cheap for the little guy to win!"
- Give Us Space - 9% "Minimize Federal government involvement" "Leave us alone"
- Other - 13% "Be more bi-partisan – both the President and Congress"
Silicon Valley Bank conducted its annual Startup Outlook survey in December 2012. More than 750 executives of startup companies, defined as those in the innovation sector with less than $100 million in annual revenue, responded. The company will be releasing additional data and reports based on the survey in the coming months. View all news related to the results of the Startup Outlook survey at http://www.svb.com/startup-outlook-report/ and follow the conversation on Twitter at @SVB_Financial #StartupOutlook.
About Silicon Valley Bank Silicon Valley Bank is the premier bank for technology, life science, cleantech, venture capital, private equity and premium wine businesses. SVB provides industry knowledge and connections, financing, treasury management, corporate investment and international banking services to its clients worldwide through 27 U.S. offices and six international operations. (Nasdaq: SIVB) www.svb.com.
Silicon Valley Bank is the California bank subsidiary and the commercial banking operation of SVB Financial Group. Banking services are provided by Silicon Valley Bank, a member of the FDIC and the Federal Reserve System. SVB Financial Group is also a member of the Federal Reserve System.SOURCE Silicon Valley Bank