DENVER, Jan. 18, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- CoreSite Realty Corporation (NYSE: COR), a provider of powerful, network-dense data center campuses and the CoreSite Mesh, which enables interconnected communities of service providers and enterprises, today announced a new initiative designed to enhance the capabilities of its cloud-enabled data centers for customers.
CoreSite's Open Cloud Exchange improves customer choice by offering best-of-breed partnerships and services from a broad range of providers. It enables the enterprises, Managed Service Providers (MSPs) and Systems Integrators (SIs) in CoreSite facilities to connect directly, via a single resource, to the cloud service providers of their choice. It is available immediately in seven of CoreSite's North American data center campuses including Los Angeles, San Francisco Bay Area, Chicago, New York, Northern Virginia, Boston, and Washington, DC. The Open Cloud Exchange responds to a significant worldwide growth in demand for public, private, and hybrid cloud interconnection and management services. It provides customers with flexible options to securely and easily connect to all types of cloud offerings.
"We're building the industry's premier home for cloud services," said Jarrett Appleby, COO, CoreSite. "With networks—the oxygen for cloud services—as the foundation, adding the industry's leading cloud providers will create best-in-class scalability, management, automation, software, and many-to-many exchange capability. The Open Cloud Exchange offers our customers enormous provider flexibility, guaranteed performance, real-time monitoring, and easy management of cloud infrastructure services."
Initial best-of-breed partnersFour industry leaders join CoreSite in providing initial Open Cloud Exchange services, with more expected:
- CENX, a leader in Carrier Ethernet interconnect systems and services, will provide its CENX Automated Ethernet Lifecycle Management software specially designed for CoreSite's Open Cloud Exchange, enabling easy, single sign-on management of Layer 2 cloud infrastructure services and full MEF CE 2.0 compatibility.
- RightScale, the leader in cloud computing management, will provide the platform to easily deploy and manage business-critical applications across public, private, and hybrid clouds. RightScale offers efficient configuration, monitoring, automation, and governance of cloud computing infrastructure and applications.
- RiverMeadow Software will deliver its industry-leading automated cloud onboarding SaaS developed specifically for migrating servers and workloads into and between Carrier Service Provider Clouds.
- Brocade, an industry leader in reliable, high-performance network solutions, will provide the hardware infrastructure and switching logic at the heart of the Open Cloud Exchange.
- Connection to providers across multiple CoreSite locations within the same metropolitan area
- Connections between customers and providers in various on-net buildings throughout the country
- Choice between numerous software and services providers to support performance sensitive customer applications through a marketplace portal
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV