Silver Manipulation Case Against JPMorgan Dismissed
Patterson said “the 'imagination' required to link these conditions, without corroborating factual allegations ... is tantamount to impermissible speculation on the basis of sheer possibility.”
He pointed out that the CFTC has initiated investigations into alleged manipulation twice and has found that no manipulation occurred. Furthermore, the agency has an active investigation that has spanned more than three years and has not resulted in any charges being filed.
The complaint merely pleads facts that could be “consistent with” the defendants liability and “stops short of the line between possibility and plausibility of 'entitlement to relief,'” the judge concluded.
The case was dismissed on December 21, 2012, and the plaintiffs were given 30 days from that time to show good cause as to why leave to file an amended complaint is necessary.Securities Disclosure: I, Michelle Smith, own shares of JPMorgan. Silver Manipulation Case Against JPMorgan Dismissed from Silver Investing News
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV