Forget about an Intel side business or corporate servers or their really, we really do have them, you just wait mobile plans. That's denial talking. Tablets and Macs killed any thought of PC growth. It's over. Finished. And there's no way in the world Intel can just say we're sorry we wasted a few years, now be quiet and buy our latest "innovation."
Intel missed mobile worse than Facebook (FB) did. And the big difference is that Facebook was able to swiftly change course. It has a massive, pliable user base; whereas Intel can't just pick up its chips and move them to the next table. It doesn't work that way.
Intel has no future in the space because it has no future in mobile and the PC will never again offer a meaningful growth opportunity. Imagine if you had to count on partnerships with the likes of Microsoft (MSFT) and Hewlett Packard (HPQ) to bail yourself out of a jam.
And the notion that Intel can beat Apple or Microsoft in the living room reeks of an unfortunate old-guard arrogance. That's a large part of what did, and will keep doing, Intel in.Follow @rocco_thestreet --Written by Rocco Pendola in Santa Monica, Calif.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV