Forget about an Intel side business or corporate servers or their really, we really do have them, you just wait mobile plans. That's denial talking. Tablets and Macs killed any thought of PC growth. It's over. Finished. And there's no way in the world Intel can just say we're sorry we wasted a few years, now be quiet and buy our latest "innovation."
Intel missed mobile worse than Facebook (FB) did. And the big difference is that Facebook was able to swiftly change course. It has a massive, pliable user base; whereas Intel can't just pick up its chips and move them to the next table. It doesn't work that way.
Intel has no future in the space because it has no future in mobile and the PC will never again offer a meaningful growth opportunity. Imagine if you had to count on partnerships with the likes of Microsoft (MSFT) and Hewlett Packard (HPQ) to bail yourself out of a jam.
And the notion that Intel can beat Apple or Microsoft in the living room reeks of an unfortunate old-guard arrogance. That's a large part of what did, and will keep doing, Intel in.Follow @rocco_thestreet --Written by Rocco Pendola in Santa Monica, Calif.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV