GE (NYSE: GE):
GE CFOA of $7.2B for the quarter, $17.8B for the year, +48%
4Q and Full-Year 2012 Highlights
Eleventh consecutive quarter of strong operating earnings growth
- 4Q Operating EPS of $0.44, up 13%; Full-year operating EPS of $1.52, up 16% (up 10% excluding effects of 3Q’11 preferred stock redemption)
- 4Q Continuing EPS of $0.41, up 11%; Full-year continuing EPS of $1.39, up 12%
Second consecutive quarter with all Industrial segments reporting
positive earnings growth
- Double-digit earnings growth for five of seven Industrial segments
- 4Q orders up 7% ex. Wind and FX; Growth region orders up 12%
- Margins up 120 bps over prior year period, increases in all seven Industrial segments
GE Capital earned $1.8 billion in 4Q, up 9%; GECC Tier 1 common ratio
- GE Capital 4Q ending ENI balance $419 billion
GE [NYSE: GE] announced today fourth-quarter 2012 operating earnings of $4.7 billion, or $0.44 per share, both up 13% from the fourth quarter of 2011. GAAP earnings from continuing operations were $4.3 billion, or $0.41 per share, up 9% and 11% respectively. Revenues were $39.3 billion for the quarter, up 4%, and $147.4 billion for the year. Industrial segment organic revenue growth was 4% for the quarter and 8% for the year.“We ended the year with a strong quarter despite the mixed global economic environment,” said GE Chairman and CEO Jeff Immelt. “The outlook for developed markets remains uncertain, but we are seeing growth in China and the resource rich countries. With our largest backlog in history and a substantial amount of cash generated by our businesses in the fourth quarter, we have great momentum going into 2013.”
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV