Patients Overwhelmingly Prefer Digital Check-In To Paper Clipboard
ATLANTA, Jan. 17, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- According to a recent survey conducted by Digital Assent, a healthcare media and marketing company headquartered in Atlanta, patient acceptance of using a tablet computer at the doctor's office is very high. A resounding 94 percent of patients reported that they enjoyed using Digital Assent's PatientPad® tablet computer during their office visit and 84 percent of respondents reported that checking in on the PatientPad was "better than a clipboard."
Patients also found the experience noteworthy, with one third of respondents reporting that they discussed their PatientPad experience with family and friends after leaving the doctor's office. The internally-conducted survey included responses from 85 patients who used the company's PatientPad tablet solution to check-in for their appointment. The respondents spanned 11 medical practices, and the responding patients represented a 17 percent response rate for the survey.
Digital Assent CEO Andrew Ibbotson commented, "Consumer self-service options have been growing rapidly in other areas of life, so the positive feedback from PatientPad users in this survey is not surprising. Patients of all ages are coming to expect the privacy and convenience of self-service tablet technology, like the PatientPad, when they visit their healthcare provider."
Once the check-in process is complete, the PatientPad also provides patients with an opportunity to explore educational content and product advertisements specifically tailored to the medical office that they're visiting. Digital Assent's survey was presented to patients between 24 and 72 hours after they used the PatientPad.In addition to patient acceptance of the technology, the survey measured the effectiveness of advertising delivered to patients on the PatientPad tablet while waiting to see their healthcare provider. When asked about specific advertising content that was presented to them, survey responders revealed:
- Thirty (30) percent of respondents reported taking action as a direct result of advertising they saw on the PatientPad
- Twenty-two (22) percent had unaided recall of branded content presented to them on the PatientPad
- Sixty-one (61) percent correctly recognized and identified branded content presented to them on the PatientPad
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV