Clearwater Paper Corporation (NYSE:CLW) today announced that it upsized and priced 275 million aggregate principal amount of senior notes due 2023 (the “Notes”). The Notes will have an interest rate of 4.5% per annum and are being issued at a price equal to 100% of their face value.
The company estimates that the net proceeds from the offering will be approximately $270.7 million after deducting discounts and estimated offering expenses. Clearwater Paper intends to use approximately $163.9 million of the net proceeds to redeem all of its outstanding 10.625% Senior Notes due 2016, and to use $100 million of the net proceeds to purchase shares of the company’s common stock pursuant to the company’s previously announced $100 million stock repurchase program. The company intends to use the remaining net proceeds for general corporate purposes.
As the offering was a private placement, the notes were offered and sold only to qualified institutional buyers in reliance on Rule 144A under the Securities Act of 1933 (the “Securities Act”) and to certain non-U.S. persons in transactions outside the United States in reliance on Regulation S under the Securities Act. The notes that were offered have not been registered under the Securities Act or any state securities laws and may not be offered or sold in the United States absent registration or an applicable exemption from registration requirements.
This press release does not constitute an offer to sell or the solicitation of an offer to buy any of the notes nor shall there be any sale of the notes in any jurisdiction in which such offer, solicitation or sale would be unlawful. This news release is being issued pursuant to and in accordance with Rule 135c under the Securities Act.This press release contains information about pending transactions, and there can be no assurance that these transactions will be completed.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV