When You Get Off Your Tush, Things Happen
Consciously taking time to move about during the work day seems contrary to productivity. Yet standing periodically to work on the computer, taking short breaks to stretch, and changing positions has been proven to boost alertness and be part of a healthy lifestyle.
Other ways to add more movement into your daily routine include:
- Don't save yourself a trip. Rather than filling up your water bottle and coffee mug at the same time, choose one. Then refill the other in an hour or two which gives you the opportunity to get up and walk a little.
- Set reminders. Sign up for an online tool to be reminded throughout the work day to move and stretch. Applications such as FitBolt are free and include instructions and pictures for each exercise.
- Walk the talk. Rather than gathering in a conference room for a meeting, take the discussion outside and get some fresh air while stretching those muscles. Or simply schedule a "huddle" meeting where everyone remains standing.
- And most importantly, swap a fixed-height desk for an adjustable version. With the ability to raise and lower your work surface a person is more likely to incorporate ergonomic principles and adjust their posture throughout the workday.
To learn more about height-adjustable desks and incorporating movement into the work day, see Anthro's MoveMore solutions at Macworld 2013 (Booth #402) from January 31 – February 2 in San Francisco, CA. Updates and articles on sit/stand will be posted during the year on anthro.com/movemore.
SOURCE Anthro Corporation
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts