When You Get Off Your Tush, Things Happen
TUALATIN, Ore., Jan. 17, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Even before "sitting disease" became such a hot topic, people looked for ways to offset the long hours spent in front of their computer. Some highly motivated folks visited the gym before or after their work day. Others took a walk during their lunch hour. Most commonly though, people just worked out the kinks on their way to the break room to refill their coffee cup.
Work styles are evolving as people and companies learn more about the benefits of moving. And companies are taking advantage of this mind shift. Anthro Corporation, whose reputation is based on making desks that fit the way people work and exceed customers' expectations, is excited about the changes in the workplace.
"Humans were not designed to sit all day. The body is meant to move," says Shoaib Tareen, president and co-founder of Anthro. Anthro's been designing sit/stand desk for decades based on this theory. They have an entire collection of electric height-adjustable desks from the new Elevate® II to the award-winning Steve's Station® that encourage a healthy balance of sitting and standing."Incorporating movement into day-to-day tasks has been a part of Anthro's corporate culture for many years. We call it MoveMore™," comments Cathy Filgas, vice-president and Anthro co-founder. "MoveMore encompasses more than just height-adjustable desks. It's about creating a work culture that encourages movement." One of the perks of working at Anthro is gaining firsthand experience of company products. New employees get to choose a sit/stand desk. "I remember when I saw a new employee hunched over their work. I showed them that they just need to push a button to raise their desk to a comfortable sitting position. Then they discovered the desk went all the way up to standing height. They were so pleased!" recalls Cathy.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV