Sylogist Announces Fiscal 2012 Results: Net Income Increases
/THIS PRESS RELEASE IS NOT FOR DISTRIBUTION TO UNITED STATES NEWSWIRE SERVICES OR FOR DISSEMINATION IN THE UNITED STATES./
CALGARY, Jan. 17, 2013 /CNW/ - Sylogist Ltd. (TSXV:SYZ), a provider of technology based IP solutions, including enterprise information management systems for municipal, utilities, education and private sector customers, announces its audited financial results for the fiscal year ended September 30, 2012.
In fiscal 2012:
- Net income before tax increased to $2.9 million or $0.15 per fully diluted share, compared to $2.8 million or $0.14 per share in 2011. Total profit after tax was $2.0 million compared to $1.9 million in fiscal 2011.
- EBITDA (1) was $3.9 million, as compared to $4.0 million in the previous year.
- Gross profit remained at 71% of revenue.
- Revenues were $9.3 million, as compared to $9.8 million in the prior year.
- 1,056,800 shares were repurchased and cancelled during fiscal 2012 at an average price of $2.43.
- Cash and short-term investments as at September 30, 2012 totalled $11.7 million or $0.60 per share.
- Working capital (net of deferred revenue) was $13 million or $0.67 per share.
- Federal tax pools at the end of fiscal 2012 stood at approximately $6 million.
- Dividends payments more than doubled to $3.8 million during the year compared to $1.8 million in the previous year.
"Fiscal 2012 saw continued progress on building a solid, sustainable financial foundation. Net income per share rose over 2011, with continued strong cash flow from operations. The balance sheet remains pristine with substantial working capital and no debt. In late fiscal 2012, Sylogist repurchased 5% of its outstanding common shares providing an accretive platform for 2013 results. With the recent acquisition of fuel system management assets and expected strong and growing cash flow, we foresee a successful fiscal 2013." stated Jim Wilson, Chairman, President and CEO.About Sylogist Sylogist is a technology innovation company which, through strategic acquisitions, investments and operations management, provides intellectual property solutions to a wide range of public and private sector customers. The Company's stock is traded on the TSX Venture Exchange under the symbol "SYZ".
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV