With the company's Basel 1 Tier 1 common equity ratio increasing by 20 basis points during the fourth quarter to 7.3% as of Dec 31, Usdin said "we believe PNC is well on its way to its goal of 8.0%-8.5% by year-end 2013."
The analyst rates PNC a "Buy," with a $72 price target."
Interested in more on PNC Financial Services Group? See TheStreet Ratings' report card for this stock.
Capital One Disappoints
After the market closed, Capital One (COF) reported fourth-quarter net income available to common stockholders of $825 million, or $1.41 a share, missing the consensus estimate of $1.59, among analyst polled by Thomson Reuters.
Earnings declined from $1.173 billion, or $2.05 a share, in the third quarter, with CFO Gary Perlin saying that "seasonal expense and margin trends led to a reduction in fourth quarter earnings compared to the previous quarter."Capital One's revenue declined to $5.625 billion in the fourth quarter from $5.782 billion in the third quarter. The company provided 2013 guidance, saying it expected "average quarterly revenue levels in 2013 to be consistent with the fourth quarter of 2012, as a modest decline in earning assets will be offset by a steady to slightly higher net interest margin." The company reported a sequential 45 basis point narrowing of its net interest margin, to 6.52%. Please see TheStreet's detailed earnings coverage for more on Capital One's fourth-quarter results. Capital One's shares were down over 7% in aftermarket trading, to $57.10.
Email. Follow @PhilipvanDoorn
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV