MARYSVILLE, Ohio, Jan. 17, 2013 /PRNewswire-FirstCall/ -- Shareholders of The Scotts Miracle-Gro Company (NYSE: SMG), the world's largest marketer of branded consumer lawn and garden products, today elected Michael E. Porter, Ph.D. and re-elected three current members to the Company's Board of Directors, effective immediately, for three-year terms that expire in 2016.
Those board members elected this morning are Adam Hanft, founder and CEO of Hanft Projects; Stephen L. Johnson, President and CEO of Stephen L. Johnson and Associates Strategic Consulting; Katherine Hagedorn Littlefield, Chair of Hagedorn Partnership; and Michael E. Porter, Ph.D., a leading authority on competitive strategy and economic development and the Bishop William Lawrence University Professor at Harvard Business School.
"We are honored and pleased to have Professor Porter join our Board," said Chairman and CEO Jim Hagedorn. "As a competitive strategy professor at Harvard Business School and a leading expert in the business strategy field, he brings significant knowledge and expertise to the Board in the areas of strategy and international business. I am confident he will strengthen the dialog we have with our Board and help us drive shareholder value."
Professor Porter replaces Joseph P. Flannery who retired from the Board in December 2012 after 25 years of service. With his significant marketing and consumer industry experience, Flannery advised the Board on a variety of strategic and business matters over the years."Joe was one of the most thoughtful and insightful Directors in our Company's history," said Hagedorn. "We were very fortunate to benefit from his counsel during his more than 20-year history with the Company, and I want to thank Joe for his many contributions."
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV