HOUSTON, Jan. 17, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Parker Drilling Company (NYSE: PKD) continues to build upon its record of excellence in safety, environmental and corporate social responsibility performance. Most recently, the Company received the prestigious CEO Safety Award from Talisman Energy Inc. (Talisman) for its work to establish a proactive safety culture at Talisman's Rig 605 in Papua New Guinea (PNG).
Talisman Energy's CEO Safety Awards recognize and celebrate employees and contractors who take proper and proactive steps to ensure safe, healthy, secure and environmentally responsible work practices. The final award winners are selected from a list of teams and individuals across all Talisman operations, who excel in leadership, quality assurance, safety and environmental performance throughout the year. The Rig 605 team received the award for its efforts to create a proactive safety and quality assurance culture in Talisman's operations in the Western Province of PNG. The award was presented by Talisman's president and chief executive officer, Hal Kvisle, at a special ceremony held last month in Kananaskis, Canada. Russell Conwell, Talisman Drilling Manager, and David Connolly, senior rig manager, accepted the award on behalf of the Rig 605 team.
Also in attendance at the CEO Safety Awards ceremony was Sandy Stash, Senior Vice President, Global HSSE/OA. Ms. Stash is responsible for HSSE/OA across all of Talisman's operations worldwide and was part of the CEO Safety Awards nominating committee."Safety is at the core of operational excellence and is a key corporate value at Talisman," said Ms. Stash. "These awards are an important part of our work to foster and maintain safe and responsible business practices. Each of the nominees achieved recognition by using safe practices and operational excellence in their daily activities and by influencing co-workers to do the same.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV