Severe Flu Outbreaks Reported Across The Country's Communities And Schools
PARSIPPANY, N.J., Jan. 17, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Across the country, families are dealing with one of the most severe cold & flu seasons in recent years. As of this week, 47 states have declared the incidence of the flu to be widespread in their communities, with several issuing a public health emergency, according to the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC). Equally concerning, an increasing number of school districts have had to close schools because of outbreaks.
To help stop the transmission of flu viruses, which can live on surfaces for up to 48 hours, it is imperative to practice simple hygiene habits such as washing your hands regularly with soap and water, and disinfecting commonly-touched surfaces. The CDC recommends the following effective tips to help families stay healthy during peak flu activity:
- Get vaccinated with a seasonal flu shot.
- Help prevent the spread of flu germs by practicing proper cough and sneeze etiquette, staying away from sick people, and staying home if you get sick.
- Wash your hands with soap and water often, or use hand sanitizer if you don't have access to a sink.
- Routinely clean and disinfect commonly touched surface areas in your home and workplace to help prevent the spread of germs.
As part of its Mission for Health, Reckitt Benckiser, the makers of LYSOL®, supports CDC recommendations on flu prevention by offering a full range of effective products to help keep families healthy: The LYSOL ® Healthy Touch™ No-Touch Hand Soap System helps stop the spread of harmful germs by automatically sensing hands and dispensing antibacterial soap; and LYSOL ® Disinfectant Spray and Disinfecting Wipes kill bacteria and viruses on commonly touched surfaces."Our Mission for Health keeps us perpetually focused on doing more for families and their health and well-being," said LYSOL ® Marketing Director Gregory Chabidon. "Given the severity of the flu outbreak this year, we are committed to providing the necessary tools that will help families get through this epidemic better." LYSOL ® recognizes school nurses as integral gatekeepers in managing the wellbeing of students and classrooms nationwide. LYSOL ® is a proud supporter of the National Association of School Nurses and is committed to providing the necessary products and resources to encourage healthy habits and help prevent the spread of germs in schools. For further information on staying healthy during cold and flu season, please visit the following resources:
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Jim Cramer + 20 Wall Street pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Real-time trading forum
- Actionable trade ideas
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV