Chase announced today a $350,000 grant to The Team Gleason House for Innovative Living, funding the development of technologies that will help ALS and MS patients continue living more productive and purposeful lives.
The Team Gleason House will be located at St. Margaret’s Skilled Nursing Residence and will be the second U.S. facility of its kind. The collaboration between Chase and Team Gleason also supports New Orleans’ effort to develop a thriving BioDistrict and support innovation as a means to strengthen the local economy.
“The Team Gleason House was only a dream less than a year ago. Through our efforts and the extraordinary efforts of Chase and St. Margaret's, we have realized that dream so ALS patients can continue to live, thrive and contribute to the community,” said Steve Gleason, founder of Team Gleason. “Until there is a medical cure for ALS, technology is the cure and we are proving that today.”
A folk hero on and off the field, the former Saints player has become a symbol of the city’s determination and perseverance. His celebrated punt-block on the night the Superdome reopened in 2006 renewed hope that New Orleans was ready for a big comeback.“That was the day when the people of New Orleans began to believe that we can win again,” New Orleans Mayor Mitch Landrieu said. “What Steve did is prove that no matter how bad things got, if we work hard and come together, we can turn it around. What’s in his heart represents the best that the city of New Orleans has to offer.” Gleason retired from football in 2008 and was diagnosed with ALS in 2010. He has made it his mission to show ALS patients can not only live but thrive after this diagnosis. In doing so, he hopes to inspire others to do the same.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV