Wis Adds 4,500 Private Sector Jobs In December
MADISON, Wis. (AP) Wisconsin has added 4,500 private sector jobs in December while the unemployment rate is holding steady at 6.6 percent.
The Wisconsin Department of Workforce Development reported the figures Thursday.
The unemployment rate is unchanged from November.
While private sector employment was up, local government jobs which includes those at schools, dropped by 3,800 last month.The net number of new, non-farm jobs created in December is estimated to be 1,300. The monthly numbers are subject to significant revision. They are based on a survey of just 3.5 percent of employers in the state. Gov. Scott Walker says the more reliable measure is a quarterly survey of nearly every Wisconsin business. Its most recent data showed that Wisconsin ranked 42nd nationwide in private-sector job creation between June 2011 and June 2012.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV