Arizona Jobless Rate For December Was 7.9 Percent
PHOENIX (AP) â¿¿ Arizona's unemployment rate is up, rising from 7.8 percent in November to 7.9 percent in December.
Department of Administration economists say job gains in the private sector were outpaced by job losses in the public sector.
The department says six economic sectors gained jobs while five others lost jobs.
The leisure and hospitality sector had the biggest increase with 1,300 additional jobs, followed by education and health services with 1,100 additional jobs.The government sector lost 1,700 jobs.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV