Silver Is Being Manipulated, Platinum Is Not
With the price of gold also depressed (as evidenced by the struggling gold miners), its historic average $110/ounce for silver would represent an absolute minimum "fair price" for silver today. However, by the time prices had risen enough to restore health to the silver and gold mining industries, we would more likely be looking at a "minimum price" for silver somewhere in excess of $150/oz today.
Given the extreme/unlimited (and completely insane) currency dilution now taking place on both sides of the Atlantic, this "minimum fair price" for silver can only increase exponentially from the $150/oz level. The platinum market provides us with a crystal-clear picture of how the silver market would behave -- if it was ever freed from the relentless price-manipulation of the Western banking cabal.
Follow Jeff Nielson @bullionbulls
This article is commentary by an independent contributor, separate from TheStreet's regular news coverage.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV