Non-GAAP Financial MeasuresIn addition to reporting all financial information required in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP), Akorn is also reporting Adjusted EBITDA, Adjusted net income and Adjusted net income per diluted share, which are non-GAAP financial measures. Since Adjusted EBITDA, Adjusted net income and Adjusted net income per diluted share are not GAAP financial measures, they should not be used in isolation or as a substitute for consolidated statements of operations and cash flow data prepared in accordance with GAAP. In addition, Akorn’s definitions of Adjusted EBITDA, Adjusted net income and Adjusted net income per diluted share may not be comparable to similarly titled non-GAAP financial measures reported by other companies. For a full reconciliation of Adjusted EBITDA and Adjusted net income to GAAP net income, please see the attachments to this press release.
- Interest income (expense), net
- Provision for income taxes
- Depreciation and amortization
- Non-cash expenses, such as share-based compensation expense, changes in the fair value of warrants, and deferred financing cost amortization
- Other adjustments, which historically have included equity in earnings of unconsolidated joint venture related to the sale of the joint venture's assets, amortization of the fair value adjustment to inventory acquired through business acquisitions, and Kilitch Drugs (India) Limited acquisition-related expenses.