MILWAUKEE, Jan. 17, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Henry W. Knueppel, retired chairman and chief executive officer of Regal Beloit Corporation, has been elected to the board of directors of Wisconsin Energy Corporation (NYSE: WEC), effective immediately.
"I'm delighted that Henry has agreed to serve as a Wisconsin Energy director," said Gale Klappa, chairman, president and chief executive officer. "His extensive management experience and his broad understanding of the challenges that face our large industrial customers will strengthen an already strong and engaged board of directors."
Knueppel, 64, has more than 30 years of senior management experience with Regal Beloit, a leading manufacturer of electric motors, mechanical and electrical motion controls, and power generation products. Under his leadership at Regal Beloit, the company significantly expanded its international footprint and made quality improvement and productivity a way of life. Knueppel holds a bachelor's degree in economics from Ripon College and a master's of business administration from the University of Wisconsin-Whitewater.Knueppel also serves as nonexecutive chairman of Harsco Corporation and as a director of Regal Beloit Corporation, Snap-On Inc., and First National Bank & Trust Company of Beloit. Wisconsin Energy Corporation (NYSE: WEC), based in Milwaukee, is one of the nation's premier energy companies, serving more than 1.1 million electric customers in Wisconsin and Michigan's Upper Peninsula and more than 1 million natural gas customers in Wisconsin. The company's principal utility is We Energies. The company's other major subsidiary, We Power, designs, builds and owns electric generating plants. Wisconsin Energy Corporation ( www.wisconsinenergy.com), a component of the S&P 500, has more than $13 billion of assets, approximately 4,600 employees and 44,700 stockholders of record. SOURCE Wisconsin Energy Corporation
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV