SF Giants & Virgin America Send World Championship Trophy From San Francisco To New York In Style Onboard A SF Giants 'Bearded' Aircraft
Onboard the flight, Baer will encourage fellow commercial flyers onboard to tweet and grab photos with the trophy in-flight. Baer will also host a Twitter chat at 35,000 feet using the airline's WiFi and the hashtags #sfgtrophy and #myvxexperience, encouraging fans to send questions while the Trophy is in the air.
- For photos of the Virgin America 'Fly by Baby" plane painted with a beard: www.virginamerica.com/vx/sf-giants-partnership#int=photos_sf_giants
- Video of aircraft: www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dev3zQY6XBA. High-res video: www.virginamerica.com/vx/photos
- Photos of the press conference and the Trophy on board of the Virgin America flight will be available at: www.virginamerica.com/vx/sf-giants-partnership#int=photos_sf_giants
- Video footage of Virgin America guests cheering on the hometown team from 35,000 feet watching the World Series final games in 2012 via the airline's Live TV: www.youtube.com/watch?v=KyPR4y7vPs8
Virgin America has served as "the Official Airline of the San Francisco Giants" since 2008. In 2011, Virgin America renewed and expanded a multi-year multi-million dollar partnership with the world champion San Francisco Giants through 2015. The partnership includes unique stadium branding, such as the "Virgin America Loft" at McCovey Cove, in-stadium signage and LEDs and the mood-lit "Virgin America Club Level" that was launched last year in a nod to the airline's signature cabin lighting. In March 2012, the airline unveiled its "Fly Bye Baby" aircraft – the newest member of its fleet – named and painted in honor of the SF Giants. In August 2012, Virgin America held the first-ever baseball pitch live broadcast from onboard a commercial flight at 35,000 feet – to open the San Francisco Giants' home game against the Colorado Rockies.
Virgin America's new fleet offers custom-designed mood-lit cabins and amenities like fleetwide WiFi, power outlets and personal entertainment at every seat. The Red™ platform offers guests their own seatback touch-screen TV, with 25 films, live TV, Google Maps, videogames, seat-to-seat chat, music videos, a 4000 song library and an on-demand menu – so flyers can order a cocktail or snack from their seatback any time during a flight. In addition to a Main Cabin that offers custom-designed leather seating with a deeper, more comfortable pitch, the airline's First Class offers plush white leather seating with 55 inches of pitch, 165 degrees of recline and lumbar massagers. The carrier's Main Cabin Select option offers 38-inches of pitch, free food and cocktails, an all-access pass to media content, dedicated overhead bins and priority check-in/boarding.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts