Another under-$10 stock that's trending within range of triggering a near-term breakout trade is Coffee Holding (JVA), which is an integrated wholesale coffee roaster and dealer in the U.S. This stock has been on fire during the last six months, with shares soaring by just over 44%.
If you take a look at the chart for Coffee Holding, you'll notice that this stock has been uptrending modestly for the last two months and change, with shares moving higher from its low of $5.99 to its recent high of $8.19 a share. During that uptrend, shares of JVA have been mostly making higher lows and higher highs, which is bullish technical price action. That move has now pushed shares of JVA within range of triggering a near-term breakout trade.
Market players should now look for long-biased trades in JVA if it manages to break out above some near-term overhead resistance level $8.13 to $8.96 a share with high volume. Look for a sustained move or close above those levels with volume that registers near or above its three-month average action 157,452 shares. If that breakout hits soon, then JVA will set up to re-test or possibly take out its next major overhead resistance levels at $10 to $12 a share.Traders can look to buy JVA off any weakness to anticipate that breakout and then simply use a stop that sits close to its 200-day moving average of $6.98 a share. One can also buy off strength once JVA takes out $8.13 a share with volume and then simply use a stop right around some near-term support at $7.50 a share. I would add to either position once JVA clears $8.96 a share with decent volume. This stock is another favorite target of the short sellers, since its current short interest as a percentage of its float is 17.2%. Any breakout in the near future could easily set off a large short-squeeze in shares of JVA, so make sure to keep this name on your trading radar.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV