Royal Canadian Mint Rings In 2013 With New Collector Coins Celebrating Canadian Heritage And History
100 th Anniversary of Canadian Arctic Expedition; the 100 year-old Winnipeg Art Gallery's Inuit Art Collection; O Canada subscription series; and 2013 World Baseball Classic TM are some of the many themes kicking off the Mint's first launch of the year
OTTAWA, Jan. 17, 2013 /CNW/ - As Canada looks ahead to a new year, the Royal Canadian Mint is pleased to launch the first coins in its 2013 collector coin program. This offering consists of a wide variety of gold, silver and base metal coins, showcasing icons of Canada, our past, and our constantly evolving heritage. These new products are available for purchase as of today.
"The Mint takes great pride in crafting one of the world's most varied and ambitious collector coin programs to capture the story of Canada in all its colour and glory," said Ian E. Bennett, President and CEO of the Royal Canadian Mint. "The events, symbols and history we treasure belong on exquisitely crafted coins and the Mint is pleased to delight Canadians and collectors from around the world with a breathtaking variety of unforgettable keepsakes."
In keeping with tradition, the Mint's collection opens with its annual Silver Dollar program which, in 2013, celebrates the 100 th anniversary of the Canadian Arctic Expedition on a Proof Silver Dollar, a Brilliant Silver Dollar and Fine Silver Proof Set. One hundred years after Canadian Prime Minister Sir Robert Borden despatched explorers and researchers on an ambitious and intrepid mission to map the Canadian Arctic and study its peoples, wildlife and geology, these coins, as well as new gold and silver kilo coins capturing the serene beauty of the arctic landscape, commemorate a landmark event in the exploration of Canada's vast territory.In addition to dedicating the annual $100 face-value, 14-karat gold coin to the Canadian Arctic Expedition, the Mint is proud to launch new standard-bearers of its gold coin program with a $200 pure gold coin celebrating famed French explorer Jacques Cartier and a $300, 14-karat gold coin bearing the Coats of Arms of Ontario. Its popular 1/25 oz. gold pure coin also returns with the Owl Shaman Holding Goose, an iconic sculpture from the Winnipeg Art Gallery which, in addition to celebrating its centennial in 2013, is renowned for housing the world's largest collection of Inuit art. More silver and gold coins celebrate Canada's passion love of nature and wildlife, in a new O Canada subscription series, which focuses on 12 iconic Canadian images such as the Inukshuk, the beaver, and the polar bear, captured on half-ounce fine silver coins, some of which feature colour. In addition to the 12-coin subscription, the series will celebrate these icons on 1 oz. fine silver and 1/10 oz. pure gold coins which will be released throughout the year. Our love of sport and the outdoors is also reflected in a series of four fine silver and three pure gold coins commemorating the 2013 World Baseball Classic TM. As Team Canada competes against 15 other teams in the third edition of the world's premier international baseball tournament, the Mint is honoured to add to the event's prestige by producing the officially licensed coin program of the 2013 World Baseball Classic TM. Also available today are:
- the fourth issue of the $20 fine silver Group of Seven coin series featuring Lawren S. Harris' Toronto Street, Winter Morning ;
- a $10 face-value, half-ounce fine silver coin celebrating the Year of the Snake;
- a "Welcome to the World" $10 face-value, half-ounce fine silver coin honouring those born in 2013;
- the 2013 Uncirculated Set featuring all of the circulating denominations produced by the Mint in 2013 and, for the first-time, no longer includes the one-cent coin.
- the 2013 Specimen Set, including a Blue-Winged Teal on a special one-dollar coin, in honour of the 75 th anniversary of Ducks Unlimited Canada; and,
- the 2013 Gift Sets, celebrating Baby, O Canada , Wedding, and Birthday.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV