QED Connect, Inc. Acquires Majority Interest In Yellow7, Inc.
MANCHESTER, N.H., Jan. 17, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- QED Connect, Inc. ("QED") (OTC Pink Sheets: QEDN) today announced that it has purchased a control block of the outstanding common stock of Yellow7, Inc. ("Yellow7") (OTC Pink Sheets: YLLC). As part of the acquisition, QED's CEO, Tom Makmann, was appointed CEO of Yellow7. Yellow7's prior management team, Jason Burgess and Jon Burgess, will remain in place to manage Yellow7's current business through its subsidiary, Yellow7 Interactive LLC.
Yellow7 is a Web development and marketing solutions company. Yellow7 brings over thirteen years of innovation, technology, and creativity to the online industry, having developed memorable media and technologies for brand leaders such as DATCU Credit Union, MetlSpan, TIGI and more. Yellow7's multiple capabilities help its clients take full advantage of customized, and effective, online technologies.
Mr. Makmann commented, "Yellow7 has a proven track record in developing Internet presence as well as building awareness in its target markets. We will use these abilities to generate awareness of QED's current and future acquisition opportunities. This acquisition will allow QED to provide information and timely updates to its investors and the marketplace. QED is continuing its strategy of acquisitions, investments, and strategic business strategic alliances and believes its strategy will continue to provide shareholder value in 2013."
QED focuses on businesses that are producing revenue and are seeking capital and/or management assistance to execute their business plan. QED looks for companies that are synergistic and/or offer the opportunity to develop a business in a market that has growth potential.QED Connect's current investments and joint ventures include:
- Sofame Energy, Inc., a joint venture with Sofame Technologies, has sold the custom-designed "Hybrid Percomtherm®" boiler which recovers boiler flue gas heat from existing boilers and recycles the heat, thereby leading to overall energy efficiency.
- StockProfile.com, a customized platform showcasing emerging growth stocks to independent investors. In June 2011, QED Connect purchased 100% of the assets of StockProfile.com.
- Terra Resources, through its subsidiary company NV Alliance, has oil and gas rights in the Republic of Kalmykia, a subject of the Russian Federation. In August 2012, QED signed a letter of intent to acquire Terra Resources, LLC.
- Kuma Oil, a Russian company, owns oil and gas rights in the Russian territory of Perm Krai and an operation that provides services for oil & gas including exploitation and marketing of oil. In August 2012, QED signed a letter of intent to acquire Kuma Oil.
- Kyrzyg Alumina owns mines containing the raw material necessary to produce alumina (aluminum oxide) in the Kyrgyzstan region. In August 2012, QED signed a letter of intent to acquire Kyrzyg Alumina.
- AFON 2010 Ltd. is a Ukraine-based oil and gas company with concessions to oil and gas leases in in the South Terenyans'ka area in the Nadvirnyans'ky district of Ivano-Frankivs'k region 5 km northeast from the village of Kosmach. In October 2012 QED signed a definitive agreement to acquire AFON 2010, and is now completing due diligence in preparation for closing.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts