News Summary: Rio Tinto CEO Departs
By The Associated Press
EXECS EXIT: The CEO of mining giant Rio Tinto PLC and another senior executive are stepping down after the company announced a $14 billion write-down from its aluminum business and an acquisition of a Mozambique coal company.
COAL FACTS: The company said that developing infrastructure in Mozambique was more challenging than expected, and it had also downgraded its estimates of recoverable coal volumes.
INCOMING: Departing CEO Tom Albanese and Doug Ritchie led the Mozambique acquisition. They'll stay on till July 16 to help with the transition to new leadership. Sam Walsh, head of the iron ore division, becomes chief executive.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV