Check out Jim Cramer's latest trading recommendations on "Action Alerts Plus".
NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- What's the best way to boost shares of eBay (EBAY) after the company reported worse-than-expected earnings? Change the name of the company to PayPal, Jim Cramer told Lindsey Bell at TheStreet.com Thursday.
Cramer said eBay is currently covered by a cohort of Internet analysts who don't truly understand eBay, nor the importance of its PayPal payments division. He said these analysts who set the earnings expectations really shouldn't, as they don't know how to value the company.
Cramer said PayPal is the younger person's credit card, and with that division growing at 25%, it needs to be valued like a financial, not an Internet, company. He said the quick fix would be to change the name of the company to PayPal, then watch coverage move to analysts that understand financials. The result, he said, would be a $16 stock almost overnight.To sign up for Jim Cramer's free Booyah! newsletter, with all of his latest articles and videos, please click here. -- Written by Scott Rutt in Washington. To email Scott about this article, click here: Scott Rutt Follow Scott on Twitter @ScottRutt or get updates on Facebook, ScottRuttDC
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV